Madoff Sentencing Emotional Affair – Swindler Gets Max
- Madoff Sentenced to 150 Years – CNBC
- “I don’t ask for any forgiveness” – Bloomberg
- Madoff victims scavenge for food, aluminum cans – Bloomberg
- Some victims applaud, others cry – CNN
- Madoff gets 150 years for huge Ponzi Scheme – New York Times
- Bernie Madoff to rot in jail – NY Post
This week, I nominated Judge Sonia Sotomayor of the U.S. Court of Appeals to replace Justice David Souter, who is retiring after nearly two decades on the Supreme Court. After reviewing many terrific candidates, I am certain that she is the right choice. In fact, there has not been a nominee in several generations who has brought the depth of judicial experience to this job that she offers.
Perhaps when Judge Sonia Sotomayor was on a panel at Duke University and told the audience that “All of the legal defense funds out there, they’re looking for people with court of appeals experience, because it is – Court of Appeals is where policy is made …” she wasn’t thinking about facing the fire breathing dragons on the right during Senate confirmation hearings.
Let’s just say that explaining this statement is the first chapter of her briefing book. She’s a smart lady, she’ll do it. It should also be noted that “morgenr” the person who posted this video to YouTube only posted around 20 seconds of what was surely a longer statement.